Friday, July 15, 2011

Weight loss...

We are half way done with our 10 day raw vegan trial and that means today we weigh in and so far so good!! Liz lost 3.2 pounds and I lost 4.1 pounds. So it looks like we will stick it out for the duration of the adventure! With numbers like we would be silly not too!

We did not just eat fruits and vegetables and lose weight, oh no (if it were only so easy) Liz spends an hour a day at PureWorkout (click to check it out) and I spend 40 minutes here at home on the treadmill running. But it is totally worth it!

We figured out that we don't have any cravings what so ever because we are getting everything our body needs from all the produce that we are consuming. Of course I wanted candy, but that was just because I saw it and wanted it. While I was at home I wasn't thinking "oh I could really go for a gummie bear..."
When you eat processed foods your body is craving something different then what your head is asking for.
So on day 5 of 10 I would have to say that this is a good thing! We would however like to switch to just "Vegan" instead of "raw Vegan" there are not too many raw options out there. There is only so many things you can do with a salad!

This weekend will be the ultimate challenge for us we have a big to do list and usually we would stop and get something to eat and that just cant happen right now, so lots of planning and preparations will have to be made just to spent the day away from the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment